RFID door lock
From Baltimore Node Wiki
Here is Makers Local 256's version of what we are thinking of doing.
Issues we face in the Load of Fun
- Will be internal requiring access to two doors
- Should very cheap enough to replace all artists keys or work with the current lock system
- Should have an option to buzz people in for visitors
- Do they have enough range?
- What would the power situation be like?
- What are the failure modes?
- Ethernet shield and web server
- One wire between door and router, plus always on door server
- would require people to be on the loadoffun wireless to buzz people in
- could store access keys locally incase server melts down
- Electric door strike
- we have one but from our tests it will not work on the outside door. Great for door to studio
- Electromagnetic lock
- requires a battery backup incase power goes out
- requires a button to be pressed to exit
Third Party / Complete Solutions
What are the money and time costs of using a pre-packaged solution?