2009-10-13 Meeting Notes

From Baltimore Node Wiki

Agenda[edit]

Standard Agenda Items[edit]

  • Financial update (Mark)
  • Membership update (Matt)
  • Short notes on personal projects or other wise interesting projects.
  • Heads up mention of upcoming events and pointers to info.
    1. Multimeter workshop on 10/21 (Wednesday)
    2. Baltimore Dorkbot Meeting next Tuesday (10/20) at 7:00pm
    3. Circuit bending workshop will be October 24th from 1pm til done
    4. TEDxMidAtlantic is November 5 8am - 6:30pm (open?)
    5. Art && Code in Pittsburgh November 6th – 8
    6. SketchUp Workshop on November 21 @ 1:00pm
  • Check in on action items from last week
    1. Get more chairs
    2. Find people to offer workshops
    3. Patrick will contact Google about our sketchup workshop
    4. Matt will research and begin building an intro to processing/programming class
    5. Find a campsite at Elkneck state park
    6. Mark will develop a research proposal for replacing the door and the lock.
    7. Get the TV working
    8. Get EDC’s contact information
    9. Baltimore Nodecast

Special Items[edit]

  • New server installed in server rack. Now what?
  • Mini Fridge would be great
  • Need to finish windows
  • Art and Code Thursday reflections

...

Decisions[edit]

  • Jon will bring in sponges
  • Mark will write Sepideh a check
  • Aaron has been authorized by a vote to spend $50 +-10 for parts for the Circuit bending workhsop
  • Matt will talk with West about administering the server

Attending[edit]

  • Matthew Forr
  • Jon Lesser
  • Kelly Egan
  • Mark Huson
  • Aaron Brewer
  • Alan Baumbusch
  • Sepideh Miller

Minutes[edit]

Agenda Items[edit]

  • Financial update
    • Monies In:
      • Alan's check was deposited
      • Aaron was first to pay dues
      • Misplaced check from Avery (whoo hoo)
    • Monies Out:
      • We will be paying Sepideh
      • There's now talk of balancing the checkbook
  • Membership update
    • No new members but a good turn out from Art && Code
  • Short notes on personal projects or other wise interesting projects.
  • Heads up mention of upcoming events and pointers to info.
    • Multimeter workshop on 10/21 (Wednesday)
      • Kits are here
      • Might need sponges
    • Baltimore Dorkbot Meeting next Tuesday (10/20) at 7:00pm
      • Proposal to cancel the meeting so we can all attend dorkbot
    • Circuit bending workshop will be October 24th from 1pm til done
      • $10 charge for the workshop
      • Please bring toys
      • A vote of all yeas says spend $50 +-10
    • TEDxMidAtlantic is November 5 8am - 6:30pm
    • Art && Code in Pittsburgh November 6th – 8
      • Registration is now open
      • There is talk of getting a hotel and carpooling
    • SketchUp Workshop on November 21 @ 1:00pm
      • Things are looking good
  • Check in on action items from last week
    • Get more chairs
    • Find people to offer workshops
    • Mark is working on finishing up the tempemperature workshop
    • Patrick will contact Google about our sketchup workshop
      • ???
    • Matt will research and begin building an intro to processing/programming class
      • Still in the works
    • Mark will develop a research proposal for replacing the door and the lock.
      • Sherwin was not into that idea
    • Get the TV working
      • Alright!
    • Get EDC’s contact information
      • Electronic Disposal Information
    • Baltimore Nodecast

Special Items[edit]

  • New server installed in server rack. Now what?
    • ip ends in .193
    • usefulness improves with a static IP address
    • meantime:
      • Public samba share
      • Git repo
  • Mini Fridge would be great
    • Still getting with Avery (Matt)
  • Need to finish windows
  • Art and Code Thursday reflections
      • What would be a good format for this? I've got a blog post rattling around, but also want to pitch some ideas to the group, some for general consumption, some for just members. Short gist: I can "lead" once a month, but lead should be defined. If we're going to claim A&C occurs weekly, then other folks need to volunteer to pick up other evenings. (Adam)
      • Discussion around this point was that we should build a format that has people sharing code and working on projects collaboratively. So at this point basically we need to have other people take the "lead" otherwise it will be a once a month thing.