2009-08-11 Meeting Notes

From Baltimore Node Wiki

Agenda[edit | edit source]

Place your agenda items for the meeting here:

Standard Items[edit | edit source]

Things to go over every week. Most of this stuff will only be interesting in the minutes.

  • Find a volunteer to play secretary.
  • Review last meeting's minutes.
  • Financial review: Maybe this would only be a once a month thing? It would at least be nice to know credits, debits, and balance over the last week and where that puts us in regard to buffer and spending money.
  • Membership count: brief mention of current membership count, pending memberships (like who has to fill out such-and-such form), and changes.
  • Short notes on personal projects. Six words about what's at the top of your list.
  • Events - supremely brief mention of upcoming events and pointers to info.

Special Items[edit | edit source]

  • Workbench building - purchasing, scheduling. Quibbling over design is best done with tools and materials in hand. Don't paint the bikeshed.
  • Weekly events - solicit ideas and coordinators for

Decisions[edit | edit source]

things that need voting. items that only apply to members. new member additions go here

  • New members. Induct anyone who has paid and done all the paperwork.

In the future it might be nice to follow something like HacDC's format for meetings.

Attending[edit | edit source]

  • Sylvia
  • Jon
  • Kelly
  • Patrick
  • Alan
  • Todd
  • Aaron
  • Avery
  • Erich
  • John C.
  • Who am I missing?

Minutes[edit | edit source]

  • We discussed the tables. Consensus is that we will build two large, but modular tables. See File:Tables.skp for the design. Table building session will be Thursday. Time TBD, but probably around 7:30pm is the soonest that all the materials can be in the space. Steve will lead an away team to pick up materials in his truck. Coordinate with Steve if you want to be part of this away team. The away team will have discretion to buy the best/cheapest materials they can find. (Of course we'll need 3-4 established members and one brand new member in the away team.) Aaron will work up a cut list hardware list on the TheWorkbenchProject page. Jon will check with Sherwin to make sure it's OK that we use his shop tools. If we can get the 4x8 sheet material cut to size where it's purchased, that would be ideal. If you want to come Thursday night, bring a drill and/or screwdriver.
  • We prepped the new outlets, installed 7 junction boxes, and ran BX wire between them. Jon ran a new line between the space and the breaker box, but it's not hooked up yet. Jon will come in early Wednesday morning and finish the electrical work (helpers or electricians welcome if anyone is available, say 9am-1pm)