Notes on JBL Properties
Kelly, Patrick, and myself (Jon) saw three properties in person and heard tell of a fourth. I'm not sure any of them are particularly viable so I'm just going to describe what we saw for reference. Kelly took pictures, we'll link them when they're online. The landlord, Jeremy B Landsman, born to be in real estate, is very supportive of our cause, but with a high smarmy factor.
4001 Fall Road
The main building on this property is being renovated and is presently leased to a forthcoming wine store on the first floor and a dance studio on the second floor. What we were shown were the 26 garage bays behind the main building.
- Google Map. The garages are around that L-shaped lot behind 4001 Falls.
- Each garage is 200 ft^2 (10 x 20) and $200. If we wanted to get a few, we could probably negotiate a slightly lower price. Lease could be month to month or longer if we wanted.
- We can rent an number we want and break down the walls between them if we desire.
- There is no bathroom. Two options: 1) use the bathroom in the forthcoming wine store (only when they're open?). 2) JBL would consider a porta potty with weekly removal. (Deal breaker?)
- They are installing an automatic sliding gate at the entrance to all the garages with keycode access.
- Easy roof access with a 10 foot ladder.
- 200 amps of power for all the garages.
- 5 of the garages are currently rented out to a jewelry manufacturer.
3835 Falls Road
- Google Street view
- Colloquially known as the "home on the prairie", it's about 600-700 ft^2 and $800 a month.
- It's a house on falls road, set back a ways from the street. It's very old and very carpeted.
- The floors and walls have...unique...angles.
- Apparently, everything on falls road, house or otherwise, is zoned for commercial use.
4029 Fall Road
- Google satellite image. You can barely see the carriage house behind the storefront. See also this Craigslist ad for the property in front.
- Carriage house behind a much more expensive property. It's only about 300 ft^2 and they want $650 a month.
- There is a new roof (joists are exposed to the inside) and the walls seem to be over 100 years old.
- There is a large sink in the room, but no bathroom, unless we get particularly adventurous.
- Small yard, but may not be included. If whoever rents the whole space wants the carriage house, we'd probably be kicked out.
2981 Falls Road
- Google Street view
- We didn't see this property in person, but could arrange to see it.
- The top floor is available with 5000 ft^2 for $2000 a month.
- We are welcome to sublease any way we want.
- This location is across the street from Ruintown.