Welcome to the baltimore node wiki! Please feel free to peruse and edit. This site is intended as the online brain of the Baltimore Node hackerspace, circa June 2009.
- 1 Announcements
- 2 Calendar
- 3 Quick links
- 4 Founding documents
- 5 Becoming a Member
- 6 Meeting Notes
- 7 Communication Channels
- 8 ToDo List
We've moved in to our new home! Come visit us at our new space at the Load Of Fun building.
You could even come help us get it ready.
If you'd like to host an event at the Node (one-time or recurring), stop by the regular meeting or run it by the discussion mailing list.
- September 20th Dues are due! Pay online with the donate button on baltimorenode.org or give Jon or Adam $50 in person.
- September The Node will be hosting a Pedal Hacking Workshop! Learn to build, modify, and hack "guitar pedals", or any similar sound processing devices. Specific date TBD.
Weekly Recurring Events
Stuff that happens every week.
- 7:30 PM - Regular business meeting. All members welcome.
In the Community
- September 5, 2009 Electronica Fest (Poster) - 10AM to 8PM, National Electronics Museum, Linthicum, MD 21090. They're still looking for exhibitors and volunteers. Contact the baltimore-node-discussion mailing list or check the ElectronicaFest2009 page for more details.
Ideas, making, fun
- Publicity - How to contact us and past publicity.
- Project Proposals - Share your ideas for projects. Things you want to work on, things you think other people should work on, things you'd like to learn more about. If you want some help clarifying your ideas, the discussion list would probably be the best place for that.
- Event Proposals - Share your ideas for events or workshops you'd like to host, teach, or run at the Node's space.
- Workshop1 - Code and links from the arduino-powered, Twitterable Ambient Orb.
- Challenges - Creativity thrives in competition? Maybe. Add your challenge ideas. Baltimore Node XPrize, ftw!
- WikiTips - Tips on how to use the Wiki
- Things to fill the Space - Stuff we've got and stuff we need.
- 501(c)(3) process - A place to document the process of becoming a 501(c)3 and show where we are in the process.
- Grants - possible sources of funding
- Parts store - small consumables to keep at the Node in return for small donations
- Outreach and inclusion - a list of groups, organizations, and populations in the baltimore area we want to reach out to to make sure they know we exist (e.g., diy/electronic music, interactive and multimedia artists, colleges and universities). If you know anyone related to or connected to a group on the list, talk to them and tell them what we're trying to do and find out how we can help them do what they do.
- Logo idea
- Mo money... - A foray into the awesome science of starting a hackerspace.
- Version Zero - While we aspire to great things across all of this, our fair city of Baltimore, We have to start somewhere. This is the proposal.
- Finding a space - Research and findings related to space acquisition. If you've got a lead, put it here.
- Moving into Load of Fun Space - The overall plan, and sign up for volunteer times and materials needed for donation or lending.
- Hackerspace Design Patterns - while not an official document, it's kind of our bible for organizing and running this thing.
- Articles of Incorporation
- Mission Statement
- Board of Directors
Becoming a Member
- 2009-06-11 Meeting Notes
- 2009-06-18 Meeting Notes
- 2009-06-26 Meeting Notes
- 2009-07-02 Meeting Notes
- 2009-07-11 Meeting Notes
- 2009-07-15 Meeting Notes
- 2009-07-24 Meeting Notes
- 2009-07-27 Meeting Notes
- 2009-08-04 Meeting Notes
- 2009-08-11 Meeting Notes
- 2009-08-18 Meeting Notes
- Website: baltimorenode.org
- Blog: blip.baltimorenode.org
- Twitter: twitter.com/baltimorenode
- IRC: #baltimorenode on freenode.net - irc://irc.freenode.net/baltimorenode
- Elsewhere: Flickr, Instructables, Facebook
- Discussion list: Get your geek on, find help with projects, ask questions, get directions to the next meeting, share awesome findings, suggest projects
- Announcement list: Low traffic list just for receiving announcements. Subscribe to this list only if you do not want to receive discussion emails. If you are on the Discussion list, you will receive all announcements automatically.
- Polyurethane the bench tops (3 coats done. Just need some light sanding 400+ grit)
- Get a trashcan
- Pimp work benches. Integrated power strips, shelves, painted legs etc.
Run BX line between junction boxes on the east wall Install outlets on east wall Finish painting? Mount two more junction boxes for outlets along the east wall Mount fire extinguisher Glue up two remaining hardboard tabletops Miter edge strips and attach to bench tops
- Ponder lighting solutions. The existing lights are way to hot and suck down almost 1800 watts when they're on. We need a nice combination of overhead and work lighting.
- Crank out a new more informative website based on Wordpress (Node members, register here). There is a rough skeleton here, but we need a new theme. Kelly is working on some ideas here.
- Work on a Donation Request Letter and seek some donations
- Draft Membership Dues policy (Jon or anyone)
- Settle on an "official logo"
- Stop Hacking and start selling tacos!