See Also: Donations
- 1 Kresge Arts in Baltimore
- 2 Google Grants
- 3 Gorilla Glue Carboard Contest
- 4 NSF CreativeIT Program
- 5 Home Depot
Kresge Arts in Baltimore
- Quality arts and cultural activities.
- Projects that increase exposure to the arts, and provide arts experiences in non-traditional spaces. Examples: artist residencies in after-school programs in non-traditional sites such as low-income housing developments, juvenile facilities, or women's shelters; the temporary use or re-purposing of a space to facilitate arts activities occurring within communities, or public art for an existing streetscape project.
- Sherwin mentioned this grant to me. He has been thinking about a project he would like to complete for the roof of the Load of Fun building that involved some kind of low res display, that would show things like poetry or perhaps low rez animations. He thought the grant might be a good fit for us. A display on the roof could be seen from Howard st and North Ave and if it is big enough I-83. He mentioned a couple of people doing similar projects we might collaborate with. For $10,000 we could do a pretty cool display. The project period is a year I believe. Perhaps we could find a way for users to add their own poetry, animations to the sign perhaps school children or members of the local community. - Kellyegan 17:00, 23 July 2009 (UTC)
- I'd be very interested in doing something like this. I have noticed other "hackerspaces" have put themselves out as potential collaborators for art projects by basically offering technical expertise.
- I would love to do this project too. Here is an old projection project LoF had in 2007. Link Mehuman 20:02, 23 July 2009 (UTC)
- Large DIY LED display (6x6) - http://dheera.net/projects/simdisplay.php
Up to 10,000 / month in AdWords advertising. ($300 / month is typical)
- Google Grants is a unique in-kind donation program awarding free AdWords advertising to select charitable organizations. We support organizations sharing our philosophy of community service to help the world in areas such as science and technology, education, global public health, the environment, youth advocacy, and the arts. Have to be a 501(c)(3).
Rolling. Application review takes a few months.
Gorilla Glue Carboard Contest
$100 in Gorilla Glue 1st Prize, $50 for 2nd place
Aug 30. 2009
NSF CreativeIT Program
up to $800,000 (dependent on how much we ask for)
The budget should include funds to travel to an annual CreativeIT Principal Investigator's meeting.
October 13, 2009
link: Super long link
up to $2,500 gift card
- Only registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations, tax-exempt public schools and tax-exempt public agencies in the U.S. are eligible to apply.
- Need to have 501(c)(3) status for at least one year
- Grants are for community improvement projects that include activities such as construction or refurbishment of affordable or transitional housing, building, rebuilding, painting, refurbishing, increasing energy efficiency or sustainability, landscaping, planting of native trees, community facility improvements and the development and/or improvement of green spaces.
- There is also a much larger grant program through the Home Depot Foundation that doesn't seem like a good fit. Also, "For nonprofit organizations seeking small donations supporting community projects. See your local Home Depot Store manager or Team Depot captain for details."