2011-02-22 Meeting Notes
- 1 Matt Talks
- 2 Why are we here? What is this "Node" thing we're doing?
- 3 Membership status (Adam)
- 4 Financial status (Kelly)
- 5 Say hello to the vice-president (Mark)
- 6 Goals from last year
- 7 Officer elections
- 8 Review the collection of dues
- 9 Review the time, location, and frequency of regular meetings
- 10 Review standing rules and policies
- 11 Set goals for the organization for the coming year
- 12 Additional Motions from members present
- 13 Notes
Matt Talks[edit | edit source]
Why are we here? What is this "Node" thing we're doing?[edit | edit source]
Membership status (Adam)[edit | edit source]
27 members. Like 15 new ones.
Financial status (Kelly)[edit | edit source]
Eh. The new space, which is awesome, is more expensive. Utilities are high enough that we're on the road to bankruptcy. BUT, wepay is bringing in dues more timely.
Right now we're paying about 1400 a month and bringing in about 1300 a month.
Say hello to the vice-president (Mark)[edit | edit source]
Feel pretty good about things. Kinda nice to have people out.
Goals from last year[edit | edit source]
- More community outreach
We ran more workshops. Hackathon and Betascape are getting the name out. People think we're awesome.
- Node Awesome Grants
Hmm. We don't really have extra money.
- OpenHacks are working awesome
Bringing people in is a good idea. Node knock is great.
- More space organization
Hmm. We moved and got lots of new space, so lets fill it up first before we get too bent out of shape.
- More events
I [Matt] think we hit that. Workshops were awesome. Classes and stuff went well.
- More publicity
Totally hit that. Was a good year.
- Framework for maintaining inventory of parts.
F that noise.
- Build a board of advisors.
Matt was gonna do it, he didn't though. We should still pursue that. 1) who can help the org grow 2) who can help us take the organization forward.
Suggestions: guy who started creative alliance, other people who work with creative groups. Outgoing members would be good candidates for advisory board because they can say wise things.
Officer elections[edit | edit source]
Mark is nominated and is PRESIDENT!
Todd is nominated and is VICE-PRESIDENT!
John is nominated and is TREASURER!
James is nominated and is SECRETARY!
Review the collection of dues[edit | edit source]
(amount, payment period, due date and acceptable methods for)
Something about tasing robots or robots that tase
We like WePay. It should probably be required. If you deal on a strict cash-only basis, it makes us uncomfortable.
For future membership purposes, we STRONGLY ENCOURAGE signing up for WePay.
Review the time, location, and frequency of regular meetings[edit | edit source]
Before OpenHack? 7 to 7:30. 30 minutes and pick up non-members / members who come in early. ALSO, meetings should be twice a month.
STARTING MARCH 10, MEETINGS WILL BE EVERY OTHER THURSDAY! SEVEN P.M. FOR THE REST OF TIME UNTIL CHANGE! PERIOD! THANK YOU!
- the PRESIDENT
Review standing rules and policies[edit | edit source]
(Dues policy, key policy, membership process, quorum)
Dues policy: WePay, get it in. Seriously. If you've got an issue, talk to someone. Two months, we'll start trying to get your key. Three months, you have to be voted back in.
Key policy: A member lost a key. Another member thought they lost a key. $100 for lost key. Do we want to change that? YES. Yeah, here's the deal. $25 to replace the key, you have to tell Sherwin, and you have to go to the locksmith. Cool.
Membership Process: Getting documents to members is important. Voting on members is kinda weird and crazy if not enough members are present.
Quorum: 1/3 is too much. **TODO: MARK, SEND A PETITION TO LOWER QUORUM TO 7 MEMBERS. IN THE CASE OF LESS-THAN-QUORUM FOR NEW MEMBER ADDITIONS, VOTE GOES ONLINE. AND THEN ALSO A STIPULATION THAT ONLINE VOTING IS AN APPROVED METHOD OF VOTING WHEN NEEDED (AND ONLINE VOTES TAKE LONGER: THE KELLY EGAN AMENDMENT).** We want to reduce the need for online voting.
Set goals for the organization for the coming year[edit | edit source]
- 501c3 by April 1, 2011. LET'S DO THIS!
- ENCOURAGE MORE WORKSHOPS AND EVENTS!
- Let's make this space, fuckin, rock. Take a day and get stuff set up. Improve appearance of the space so that stuff can happen here. TODO (MARK): MARCH 19 WILL BE A CLEANUP, IMPROVEMENT, AND ORGANIZATION DAY starting with floorspace, member shelves, and tool area.
- Improve accessibility: Make it easier to get into the space. (ADAM IS ON THIS)
- Get more organizations in here. (like RefreshBaltimore or a trivia night)
- Run a big event.
- More cool projects on display.
- More collaboration with other groups. (like Effervescent Collective)
- Revist the goals first meeting of the month. Analytics BITCHES.
Additional Motions from members present[edit | edit source]
- Just take care of your shit.
Notes[edit | edit source]
I'm not secretary anymore, so this has a lot more swears. Fuck it bitches.