2010-10-12 Meeting Notes
From Baltimore Node Wiki
- Voting on new members: Hector [huzzah], Todd [woohoo]
- Key situation, where's it at? Money is going back into the bank, we're going to start accounting it as immediately usable for more keys. Kelly will juggle the $60 to get 4 at a time as needed.
- Monies for X10 parts. $20, part of the mbed competition. Mark is planning to automate the space, the X10 parts will let him control stuff. VOTED YES!
- Pizza - let's get Mark to do this. Joe^2, free pizzas?
- Taxes, let's go over these. If someone brought them in, but no one did, so... Mark will make a copy and mail them.
- Documentary (Roll Call) - who is going to commit to helping out? Marty is gonna feel more comfortable doing it when he knows there are other folks interested. Matt & Mark will support. We'll make an email thread you can add your name to.
- Baltimore Hackathon - what is it (weekend long "make something party"), how to handle funds, who wants to volunteer?
- The http://groups.google.com/group/techinbaltimore list is responsible for the event.
- build something in 48 hours. hardware, software, or whatever.
- Funds will go into a third party account. Node will be the third party. Matt is going to spend Node dollars. This is intended to be a zero-sum event. We're voting to allow Matt to spend as much money as comes in. Extra money will be rolled into the
- It's going to be at the Beehive.
- It's for fun. If you really need to machine something beforehand, do it. Whatever, I don't care.
- 501c3. It feels like time to get on that horse and ride. We can afford it, Matt is going to start filling out the paperwork. We voted to spend the necessary money. HUZZAH!
- New space? What are we looking for? Something to fall into our laps.
- TedXMidAtlantic - might be interested in a table for hackerspaces, if they bring out cool stuff.
- Financial update. $1574 in the bank, but we're gonna spend about half of that on 501c3. The Google account is yet to be transferred. Mark has about $300 from the last workshop.
- Paypal has put their boot on our neck. Back to Google checkout. WePay is interesting. This is a good reason to go 501c3.
- Financial software? Something that lets us easily file taxes and stuff. Maybe an accountant.
- Renaming / relabelling / considering ourselves a Makerspace, what do you think?
- mod * hack * taco is very silly.
- "All hackers are evil"?
- Subtitling? "Baltimore Node: Hackers, Makers, and Benders"
- The full "re-branding" might be something to wait until the annual meeting for.
Special Agenda Items
Standard Agenda Items
- Monies In
- Monies Out
- Voting new members in:
- Todd Blatt
- Hector Leiva
- Voting new members in:
- Upcoming Events
- Baltimore Print Studios Grand Opening Sunday, 3pm -
- Baltimore DIY fest.
- Adam B
- Alan B
- Alan G
- Hector L
- John C
- Kelly E
- Mark H
- Matt F
- Todd B
- Todd M