2010-04-13 Meeting Notes
Report from the treasurer.
- Jon says we have ~$2500 in the bank.
- We're going to get an extension on taxes.
- Jon is going to seek help from Nick Farr.
Report from the secretary.
- One dude filled out the form.
- 20 members, no one new to vote on.
Special Agenda Items
- Renting situation
- 2nd floor, back of the building
- We'd like to stay here.
- Matt will keep trying to get a hold of Sherwin. (ACTION)
- Mark is willing to look for space casually, we're not going to do a hard
core space hunt. (ACTION)
- Metal Lathe (do we want it?)
- Do we have room for it? It's big, but not huge. Very heavy.
- What would we do with it? Don't know, Jon will figure it out.
- Jon is in touch with the donor, it's at donor's parents' house. Emil wants
to meet some folks first. (ACTION)
- RobotFest plan of action
- When do we need to be there?
- Bring out projects: electronics kit? NOPE, just the rocket stuff. Need to print a
stencil, cut a tube for a template (size of launcher), a model clinometer should be manufactured. Tape measure
- Mark is going to contact Estes to see if they'd donate a prize for the
winning rocket. (ACTION)
- We need a wiki page with a schedule for sitting at the table. Hour by hour,
making sure the table is occupied. Matt will make the wiki page. (ACTION)
- Jon is going to bring a whiteboard or something to do a leaderboard. (ACTION)
- Mark's friend can make them and sell them to us, 0 - 100 is $6 apiece.
- 25 to start would be $7.35, the next 50 would be $5.50 apiece (two color).
- Do we want cheap T-shirts, or awesome T-shirts?
- Mark is going to survey the community to see if anyone is interested. (ACTION)
- Merchandising in general?
- Matt would rather sell Obama circuit boards than t-shirts.
- Organizational purchase. Parts store? Get organized.
- We need stuff and we need somewhere to put stuff.
- Bucket of Legos. Be awesome, use it and put it back. If you're going to
incorporate it into a project, put in some dollars.
- No matter what we do, before we order, we'll have to have a plan for
getting that thing organized.
- Mark suggests we vote to dedicate $60 to $80 (up to $1000) to setting up the
parts store. Jon suggested we can vote to spend online, but first we need a plan. Mark can start the planning for the parts store, we can start an email thread and a wiki page. Alan suggested Harbor Freight. (ACTION)
- Kyle H. is organizing a local Defcon group and seeking folks from Charm Sec,
Dojo Sec, 2600, etc. It seems like there's a desire to learn, but there's isn't a lot of connection and organization between orgs.
- His personal goal is monthly presentation and social event.
- Mark can host for any events.
- Synth Space Jam Party 4/16
- Fridge is stocked. Justin is going to lead the thing.
- RobotFest/MMF 4/24
- Awesome. See above.
- Artscape/Betascape 7/16-7/18
- We're going to bring the DIY, fo' shizzle.
- Matt can set up the wiki page to track which spaces have been contacted will reach out. (ACTION)
- Egg drop?
- Mark will bring the green laser and we can set up the Graffiti Writer again.
- They're open for whatever.
- Power tool drag racing? $1000 if we can get sponsorship.
- BRING IT, DO IT, BAM!
- Megalopolis Audio Festival, 5/14-5/16
- Five workshops happening in the space (and we don't have to do jack).
- Jon will be organizing our proposal and is in contact with the organizers.
- Jon will make a wiki page to organize managing the space during the event. (ACTION)
- Collab, wtf?
- Justin can't support it, so will someone else.
- Matt's question is, is anyone interested in running it? Sounds like no one
is interested in doing it, so that's that.
Standard Agenda Items
Discuss Previous Decisions & Action Items
- Matt will research the cost of soldering/science merit badges
- Matt will propose a MAME Cabinet Awesome Grant (ACTION)
- Mark and Matt will get in contact with Robert Wray of the GRL/BmoreFiber project (defunct)
- Jon will setup dues subscriptions. (spoiler: Adam did legwork, Jon hasn't finished it)
New Decisions & Action Items
Eight members in attendance, two guests.
Matt, Kelly, Alan, John, Jon, Mark, Adam, Dave