Difference between revisions of "2009-11-03 Meeting Notes"

From Baltimore Node Wiki
(Special Items)
(Special Items)
Line 24: Line 24:
  
 
===Special Items===
 
===Special Items===
* Financial update (Mark)
+
* Should we move to bi-monthly meetings?
** Monies Out
+
** Board of directors will discuss and figure it out
**# Rent
+
* Potential Donations
**# Utilities for two months
+
** Know that as a member you can respond to this.
** Monies In
+
** Next year let’s consider running a e-cycle program.
**# No monies in
 
**# Possibly some money from the circuit bending workshop
 
* Membership update (Matt)
 
*# No new members
 
* Heads up mention of upcoming events and pointers to info.
 
*# Art && Code in Pittsburgh November 6th – 8
 
** We have a hotel room in Pittsburgh at the Wyndham
 
** Be sure to steal workshop materials
 
*# SketchUp Workshop on November 21 @ 1:00pm
 
** Check action items
 
* New things in the space: AV system, projectors, microscope, vintage radiation detector, other stuff?
 
** Nifty
 
* Solder/Multimeter workshop: what went well and what we learned [Sepideh (leader), Matt (participant), Mark (observer)]
 
* Check in on action items from last week
 
*# Get more chairs
 
** Two more!!
 
*# Find people to offer workshops
 
** Arduino thermometer workshop is on it’s way
 
*# Matt will research and begin building an intro to processing/programming class
 
** Still working on it
 
*# Baltimore Nodecast
 
** Let’s produce more ad-hoc content
 
*# Jon will bring in sponges
 
** We have sponges
 
*# Mark will write Sepideh a check
 
** Done
 
*# Aaron has been authorized by a vote to spend $50 +-10 for parts for the Circuit bending workshop
 
** We now have a stash of pots, switches, LEDs, resisters and goodies. They’re around.
 
*# Matt will talk with West about administering the server
 
** I still need to talk with West
 
*# Mini Fridge would be great
 
** It’s on the way
 
*# Need to finish windows
 
** Build // Hack // Taco
 
* Short notes on personal projects or other wise interesting projects.
 
  
 
== Decisions ==
 
== Decisions ==

Revision as of 00:45, 11 November 2009

Agenda

Standard Agenda Items

  • Financial update (Mark)
  • Membership update (Matt)
  • Short notes on personal projects or other wise interesting projects.
  • Heads up mention of upcoming events and pointers to info.
    1. Circuit bending workshop will be October 31 from 1pm til done
    2. Art && Code in Pittsburgh November 6th – 8
    3. SketchUp Workshop on November 21 @ 1:00pm
  • New things in the space: AV system, projectors, microscope, vintage radiation detector, other stuff?
  • Solder/Multimeter workshop: what went well and what we learned [Sepideh (leader), Matt (participant), Mark (observer)]
  • Check in on action items from last week
    1. Get more chairs
    2. Find people to offer workshops
    3. Matt will research and begin building an intro to processing/programming class
    4. Baltimore Nodecast
    5. Jon will bring in sponges
    6. Mark will write Sepideh a check
    7. Aaron has been authorized by a vote to spend $50 +-10 for parts for the Circuit bending workshop
    8. Matt will talk with West about administering the server
    9. Mini Fridge would be great
    10. Need to finish windows

Special Items

  • Should we move to bi-monthly meetings?
    • Board of directors will discuss and figure it out
  • Potential Donations
    • Know that as a member you can respond to this.
    • Next year let’s consider running a e-cycle program.

Decisions

  • Setup eventbrite for SketchUp
  • Promote SketchUp
  • Keep an eye out for extra soldering irons

Attending

  • Justin Sabe
  • Alan Baumumsch
  • Mark Huson
  • Jon Lesser
  • Matthew Forr
  • Steve Stowell

Minutes

...