Difference between revisions of "2009-09-01 Meeting Notes"
From Baltimore Node WikiJump to navigationJump to search
|Line 17:||Line 17:|
== Decisions ==
== Decisions ==
Revision as of 16:26, 2 September 2009
Standard Agenda Items
- Find a volunteer to play secretary (We will have a dedicated secretary after this meeting).
- Financial update.
- Membership update.
- Short notes on personal projects. Six words about what's at the top of your list.
- Events - supremely brief mention of upcoming events and pointers to info.
- Officer Elections. Please read the election procedure and officer duties before the meeting. If you would like to run for anything, or be willing to accept a nomination for office, please attend.
- Logo decision. We'll take a look at any and all proposed logos and have a vote to select one. You can present your logo to the group however you choose, printed, on a laptop, napkin sketch, etc.
- Sign by laws
- pick office
- talk about internet
- money for pedal workshop
- Get more chairs
- Erich and Matt will order parts for workshop
- Matt will send out email about Electronica Fest
- Kelly will contact Sherwin about our current internet situation and the ac situation
- Mark will talk with Believe Wireless
- Avery Boyce
- Silvia Chi
- Kelly Egan
- Mark Huson
- Adam Bachman
- Sepideh Miller
- Jon Lesser
- Matthew Forr
- Steve Stowell
- Find a secretary
- Matt volunteers
- Financial update
- August dues brought in $829
- Revenue for Sept: $988!
- $789 in dues
- Alan, Mark and Patrick remaining non-payers.
- $248 in donations
- Total bank roll: $2,083
- Paying out
- $600 in rent
- $100 approved for workshop materials
- Membership update
- Alan Baumbusch is a new member now
- Personal projects
- Mark – working on LCD’s with Arduino LiquidCrystal.h library
- Kelly – exploring an LCD button
- Matt, Mark, Sepideh – Kaleidoscope for rainbowduino
- Electronica Fest
- Email detailing volunteer hours, need to collect emails, display banner and distribute flyers while there.
- Sunday, September 13th 4-8:30pm open studios at Load of Fun
- Open Hack sessions
- Intro bits course
- Special Items
- Officer elections
- Jon reviewed the procedures
- Jon Lesser for president – no other nominations
- Kelly Egan for VP – no other nominations
- Matthew Forr for Secretary –no other nominations
- Mark Huson for Treasure – no other nominations
- Officers are now the board of directors
- Logo decisions
- Group approved to use the logo that is currently on the wiki withstanding font changes
- Sign bylaws
- Internet service
- Options are
- Comcast basic biz plan
- $10 a month extra
- Static IP address
- Huge increase
- Comcast preferred biz plan
- 16mbit down all the time
- 2mbit up
- Static IP too
- Verizon DSL
- Save $10
- 7mbit down not sure on up
- Static IP costs $150 a month
- Believe Wireless
- 5mbit down 1mbit up something up
- They have to put up an antennae up for us at $70 month
- Pick office
- 120 West North Ave will be our official office space
- Address ordering things for pedal workshop
- Consider how much we will make from the workshop
- Approved $100 for materials for the workshop