Difference between revisions of "2011-02-22 Meeting Notes"

From Nodewiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(Set goals for the organization for the coming year)
 
Line 128: Line 128:
 
* ENCOURAGE MORE WORKSHOPS AND EVENTS!
 
* ENCOURAGE MORE WORKSHOPS AND EVENTS!
  
* Let's make this space, fuckin, rock. Take a day and get stuff set up. Improve
+
* Let's make this space, fuckin, rock. Take a day and get stuff set up. Improve appearance of the space so that stuff can happen here. TODO (MARK): MARCH 19 WILL BE A CLEANUP, IMPROVEMENT, AND ORGANIZATION DAY starting with floorspace, member shelves, and tool area.
appearance of the space so that stuff can happen here. TODO (MARK): MARCH 19
+
WILL BE A CLEANUP, IMPROVEMENT, AND ORGANIZATION DAY starting with floorspace,
+
member shelves, and tool area.
+
  
 
* Improve accessibility: Make it easier to get into the space. (ADAM IS ON THIS)
 
* Improve accessibility: Make it easier to get into the space. (ADAM IS ON THIS)

Latest revision as of 01:12, 27 March 2011

Matt Talks[edit]

Why are we here? What is this "Node" thing we're doing?[edit]

Membership status (Adam)[edit]

27 members. Like 15 new ones.

Financial status (Kelly)[edit]

Eh. The new space, which is awesome, is more expensive. Utilities are high enough that we're on the road to bankruptcy. BUT, wepay is bringing in dues more timely.

Right now we're paying about 1400 a month and bringing in about 1300 a month.

Say hello to the vice-president (Mark)[edit]

Feel pretty good about things. Kinda nice to have people out.

Goals from last year[edit]

  • More community outreach

We ran more workshops. Hackathon and Betascape are getting the name out. People think we're awesome.

  • Node Awesome Grants

Hmm. We don't really have extra money.

  • OpenHacks are working awesome

Bringing people in is a good idea. Node knock is great.

  • More space organization

Hmm. We moved and got lots of new space, so lets fill it up first before we get too bent out of shape.

  • More events

I [Matt] think we hit that. Workshops were awesome. Classes and stuff went well.

  • More publicity

Totally hit that. Was a good year.

  • Framework for maintaining inventory of parts.

F that noise.

  • Build a board of advisors.

Matt was gonna do it, he didn't though. We should still pursue that. 1) who can help the org grow 2) who can help us take the organization forward.

Suggestions: guy who started creative alliance, other people who work with creative groups. Outgoing members would be good candidates for advisory board because they can say wise things.

Officer elections[edit]

  • PRESIDENT

Mark is nominated and is PRESIDENT!

  • VICE-PRESIDENT

Todd is nominated and is VICE-PRESIDENT!

  • TREASURER

John is nominated and is TREASURER!

  • SECRETARY

James is nominated and is SECRETARY!

Review the collection of dues[edit]

(amount, payment period, due date and acceptable methods for)

Something about tasing robots or robots that tase

We like WePay. It should probably be required. If you deal on a strict cash-only basis, it makes us uncomfortable.

For future membership purposes, we STRONGLY ENCOURAGE signing up for WePay.

Review the time, location, and frequency of regular meetings[edit]

Before OpenHack? 7 to 7:30. 30 minutes and pick up non-members / members who come in early. ALSO, meetings should be twice a month.

STARTING MARCH 10, MEETINGS WILL BE EVERY OTHER THURSDAY! SEVEN P.M. FOR THE REST OF TIME UNTIL CHANGE! PERIOD! THANK YOU!

- the PRESIDENT

Review standing rules and policies[edit]

(Dues policy, key policy, membership process, quorum)

Dues policy: WePay, get it in. Seriously. If you've got an issue, talk to someone. Two months, we'll start trying to get your key. Three months, you have to be voted back in.

Key policy: A member lost a key. Another member thought they lost a key. $100 for lost key. Do we want to change that? YES. Yeah, here's the deal. $25 to replace the key, you have to tell Sherwin, and you have to go to the locksmith. Cool.

Membership Process: Getting documents to members is important. Voting on members is kinda weird and crazy if not enough members are present.

Quorum: 1/3 is too much. **TODO: MARK, SEND A PETITION TO LOWER QUORUM TO 7 MEMBERS. IN THE CASE OF LESS-THAN-QUORUM FOR NEW MEMBER ADDITIONS, VOTE GOES ONLINE. AND THEN ALSO A STIPULATION THAT ONLINE VOTING IS AN APPROVED METHOD OF VOTING WHEN NEEDED (AND ONLINE VOTES TAKE LONGER: THE KELLY EGAN AMENDMENT).** We want to reduce the need for online voting.

Set goals for the organization for the coming year[edit]

  • 501c3 by April 1, 2011. LET'S DO THIS!
  • ENCOURAGE MORE WORKSHOPS AND EVENTS!
  • Let's make this space, fuckin, rock. Take a day and get stuff set up. Improve appearance of the space so that stuff can happen here. TODO (MARK): MARCH 19 WILL BE A CLEANUP, IMPROVEMENT, AND ORGANIZATION DAY starting with floorspace, member shelves, and tool area.
  • Improve accessibility: Make it easier to get into the space. (ADAM IS ON THIS)
  • Get more organizations in here. (like RefreshBaltimore or a trivia night)
  • Run a big event.
  • More cool projects on display.
  • More collaboration with other groups. (like Effervescent Collective)
  • Revist the goals first meeting of the month. Analytics BITCHES.

Additional Motions from members present[edit]

  • Just take care of your shit.

Notes[edit]

I'm not secretary anymore, so this has a lot more swears. Fuck it bitches.