2010-03-27 Annual Meeting Notes

From Nodewiki

Jump to: navigation, search

[edit] Agenda

  1. Why are we here?
  2. Membership status (Matt)
  3. Financial status (Mark)
  4. Say hello to the vice-president
  5. Review the amount, payment period, due date and acceptable methods for collection of dues
  6. Review the time, location, and frequency of regular meetings
  7. Review standing rules and policies (Dues policy, key policy, membership process)
  8. Set goals for the organization for the coming year
  9. Additional Motions from members present
  10. Officer elections

[edit] Minutes

  1. Why are we here?
  2. Membership status
    • Initial 17
    • Gained 6
    • Lost 3
  3. Financial status
    • John C. is the best timed payee
    • Taxes are being filed, a full report will be coming
  4. Say hello to the vice-president
    • He says hello back to the group
  5. Review the amount, payment period, due date and acceptable methods for collection of dues
    • Mark suggests that we add Paypal, consensus is no
    • Jon suggests that we do subscriptions
    • Vote to offer Google Subscriptions at $50 and the Node would cover the Google Checkout fee
      • Vote approved
    • Vote to offer Supporting Member rate at $10 which does not bestow a key or voting rights but does grant the Support Member member rates at workshops
      • Vote Approved
  6. Review the time, location, and frequency of regular meetings
    • Vote to move meetings to The Second Tuesday of each month at 7:30pm
      • Vote Approved
  7. Review standing rules and policies (Dues policy, key policy, membership process)
    • Key Policy - We're not happy about it
      • Vote to spend $60 on 4 new keys for a 'Key Cache'
        • Vote approved
    • Membership Policy - Already discussed in the 'Supporting Member' discussion
  8. Set goals for the organization for the coming year
    • More Community Outreach
      • Open houses that target specific groups
      • Metrics: How many organizations, how many meaningful interactions have we had
    • Node Awesome Grants
      • Using them as the lubricant to make projects happen
      • Goal to give out 3-5
    • Open Hacks booked for every Thursday night
      • We're going to put it on the VP to make sure people are signed up for the Open Hack
        • Votes Approved
    • More space organization
      • Metric is people are able to find what they need when they needed and there is more spots to work
    • More events
      • Goal of x events per month
      • Goal of x parties per month
      • Develop a framework that helps people execute workshops/events
    • Goal of more publicity
      • Increase documentation of projects by all members at all times across all forms
    • Develop a framework for maintaing an inventory of parts
    • Build a board of advisors
  9. Additional Motions from members present
    • None
  10. Officer elections
    • Jon gave a run down of how the votes go down
    • There are no nominations for absent members for any position
    • President
      • Nominations
        • Adam nominates Jon and Jon declines
        • Jon nominates Matt Forr for President
        • Sepideh nominates Alan Grover and he declines
      • Candidates: Matt Forr
        • Winner is Matt Forr
    • Vice-President
      • Nominations
        • Adam nominates Kelly
        • Jon nominates Mark
        • Sepideh nominates Alan
      • Candidates: Mark Huson, Alan Baumbusch, Kelly Egan
      • Winner is Mark Huson
    • Treasurer
      • Nominations
        • Jon nominates himself
        • Jon nominates Kelly and he declines
      • Candidates: Jon Lesser
        • Winner is Jon Lesser
    • Secretary
      • Nominations
        • Adam nominates himself
        • Jon nominates Alan
        • Jon nominates Kelly and he declines
        • Mark nominates Sylvia and she declines
      • Candidates: Adam Bachman and Alan Baumbusch
        • Winner is Adam Bachman
    • Board discussion and elections
      • Adam spoke about how the board can bring high-level people in to give us support or be a member at large that will act on behalf of the Node to help achieve our goals
      • Jon spoke about how the board can help mentor us as an organization and help actualize our goals
      • Vote to empower Justin to do all the things he stated in his email without being a Board Member - Vote approved
      • Conclusion is that we will build an advisory board, see goals.

[edit] Members Present

  • Jon Lesser
  • Mark Huson
  • Alan Grover
  • Sepideh Miller
  • Todd Miller
  • Kelly Egan
  • Sylvia Chi
  • John C.
  • Joe A
    • Left early and left on a prestigiously enlightening note
  • Alan Baumbusch
  • Adam Bachman
  • Matthew Forr
Personal tools